If someone talks about a “gift that keeps on giving,” they normally mean that the gift will give enjoyment over and over, rather than one that can be enjoyed only once like a box of chocolates or a bottle of wine. Typical gifts that do this include radios, cameras, or magazine subscriptions. Although home remodeling is not traditionally associated with the phrase, it does fit. If you give a loved one the gift of remodeling a specific room of their home, they will enjoy that gift for years to come.
Although you can remodel any room such as bedrooms, lounge, dining rooms or even basements, kitchen and bathrooms are the areas that are used most in a home, so we’ve compiled a list of 5 ideas for each.
Kitchen Remodeling Ideas
- Pull out faucets have recently become very popular. If there is already a sprayer on the side, you could install an instant cold or hot filtered water dispenser instead.
- Older people’s vision deteriorates and they can often do with brighter light for tasks. Low profile LED light strips that can be installed under the upper cabinets will provide great illumination.
- If the extraction fan sounds like a jet engine, it’s definitely time to get a new one. New technology has progressed to the stage that you no longer won’t be able to hear others talk while the fan is on. A remodeling design professional will also be able to improve your kitchen with a custom hood.
- Replace a microwave with a steam oven. Microwave ovens are known to scramble the nutrients we need, so we lose their benefit. Steam cooking is a fast, healthier way to cook.
- Install an induction cooktop to replace your traditional one. They are more energy efficient and have the added benefit that they don’t radiate heat like the old types do.
Bathroom Remodeling Ideas
- Anyone would love to have a shower that does not have grout that gets dirty and is difficult to clean. Various manufacturers offer lightweight slabs of beautiful stone that can be used as shower floors and are affordable.
- Hands-free faucets are becoming increasingly popular for home use. The temperature is preset and the water is activated by motion, or by simply touching the faucet.
- Your shower will be pre-warmed if you install a Tornado Body Dryer. It will also keep you warm while it automatically dries you off.
- Enclose beautiful shower walls with frameless shower glass walls. Specialty glass coatings are used to make maintenance easy.
- You may want to consider giving a comfort height toilet. Dual flush, Water Sense Certified toilets can save 4000 gallons of water a year.
Giving home remodeling as a gift will not only keep giving for years to come but will also increase the value of the property.
Contact Welter Construction today for a FAST, FREE quote on all of our home remodeling services!